Educational and Professional Cooperation Programs for University Staff in Russia and the USA
American Educational Center is the official representative of the US Department of State. The purpose of the Center is to provide accurate and impartial information about educational opportunities in the United States. Over 400 centers in 170 countries. All services of the center are free.
The center offers:
Program for Russian teachers of English – FLTA
The goal of the program is to improve the quality of teaching foreign languages (most significant for the USA) in American colleges and universities.
Program content (1 academic year):
• Work as an assistant to teachers of the Russian language (up to 20 hours per week);
• carrying out activities related to the culture of Russia;
• interaction with representatives of the local community, the organization of groups for the study of colloquial speech, holding extracurricular activities;
• Studying 2 subjects per semester as a student.
• tuition fees at a US university
• monthly scholarship
• limited medical insurance,
• payment of transportation costs.
Requirements for applicants:
1. Age – not younger than 21 years and not older than 29 years.
2. Working as an English teacher or studying in a higher education institution with a degree in Teaching English.
3. Good knowledge of English.
4. A diploma of higher education or a bachelor’s degree from one of the universities accredited in the Russian Federation (or confirmation of receipt of a diploma before the start of the program).
5. Russian citizenship and permanent residence in the territory of the Russian Federation, starting from December 2010.
Program for Russian university teachers – FFDA
The purpose of the program is to provide applicants with the opportunity to work on curriculum development and the creation of training courses. Duration of the program is 5 months. The program is intended for beginner teachers and young researchers (not older than 39 years of age at the time of application) who do not have a Ph.D.
Program for Russian university teachers – FFDP
Applicants should teach in higher education or work in academic institutions, including libraries and museums. Candidates must have at least two years of teaching experience and a desire to use the experience gained in the United States for the benefit of the development of their educational institution / academic organization.
Program for Russian scientists
The program for scientists, researchers, and teachers with a scientific degree of candidate or doctor of science; Artists can participate in the program without a degree.
Teaching / Research:
1. Research grants from 3 to 6 months;
2. Teaching grants from 3 to 9 months.
The program for employees of foreign departments of Russian universities – RIEA
Intensive three-month training:
• Participation in the 4-week academic program of the American University;
• Participation in IIE seminars in New York;
• Practice in a foreign student department of an American university.
International Visitor Program
The purpose of the program: Specialists in different fields of knowledge, in a group of no more than 12 people, during a two-week (sometimes three-week) trip can get acquainted with various aspects of the activities of US government, public, economic, political, cultural and educational institutions. Participants: Each year, about 4,000 people from more than 100 countries visit the United States as part of this program. NB: Only staff members of the US Diplomatic Mission in the Russian Federation can offer candidates for participation.
Educational programs for students of Russian universities – Global UGRAD
The program provides students with an opportunity to study for 1 academic year without obtaining a degree at a university or a US college.
All participants are selected on the basis of open competition.
The program provides:
1. funding and administrative support for obtaining a J-1 US visa,
2. travel from the hometown to the host university in the USA and back,
3. tuition fees
4. payment of accommodation and meals in the United States,
5. partial medical insurance
6. monthly scholarship
7. limited funds for the purchase of textbooks, wide opportunities for professional development at the end of the program.
List of specialties: Accounting, Agriculture, Anthropology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Information Technology, Criminal Law, Economics, Education, Engineering, Natural Resources Management, Geology, Service and Tourism Management, International Relations, Journalism and the Media information, jurisprudence, physics, political science, psychology, sociology, urban planning, American studies.