Moscow ::: Additional Education of Children in the Zelinograd Administrative District of Moscow
Out-of-school education is called supplementary at all because it is secondary. How many children’s abilities and talents are revealed in these classes of interest! And often they also serve the child as a guide in the world of future professions. That is why there is constant work on the preservation and development of additional education, ensuring its availability, improving the quality of its content, organizational forms, methods, and technologies.
In the field of additional education, conditions have been created that are adequate to the opportunities and needs of children of different ages, including programs implemented to include pupils in active social practice (labor teams, volunteer movement, etc.), the institute of senior counselors has been revived, etc. 75% of children and adolescents are enrolled in additional education in our district, most of them are engaged in institutions of additional education.
The priority is to ensure free of charge and equal access of children to additional education. Paid services make up no more than 4% of the total mass of additional education services (mainly ballroom dancing, piano, foreign languages, and preschool development groups).
Institutions of additional education of children in the district:
- The Zelenograd Palace of Children’s and Youth Creativity is a whole world of childhood in Columbus Square. The palace is the basic program-methodical center of the additional education system of the district and its central platform. On average, over a year, more than 20 thousand children and adolescents participate in mass events organized and held by the PEDDIM team.
- Children’s and youth center “Vedogon” was established in 1993. For young Zelenograd residents, this is, first of all, a theater center, since the main focus of its activities is the education of children and adolescents by means of the theater. It was from this youth center that the first professional theater “Vedogon” grew up in Zelenograd.
- SLC “Pathfinder” has been, since 1992, all stages of development: from the children’s club at the place of residence to the establishment of additional education.
- The purpose of the work of the Children’s recreation center “Eaglet”, whose history began in 1984, is to promote traditional folk culture among the younger generation.
- The history of the Children’s Sports Center “Soyuz” has more than 20 years. It all began with several groups of children involved in football and hockey. So the name “Union” appeared – the Sports Society of Young Zelenogradtsev.
- The main focus of the activity of the Children’s Center of Sports “Vostok” (year of foundation – 1984) is work with the family, which is carried out both through children’s associations and through the work of family clubs and organizing the participation of parents in various types of child’s activities.
- The Karavella Children’s and Youth Center is the largest multi-purpose institution of additional education among Zelenograd children’s and youth centers, which is located in several residential buildings of the Kryukovo district. This allows you to bring additional education to the place of residence of children in this large and densely populated area. Festive events organized by teachers and pupils of the Center have become an important part of the life of the Kryukovo district.
Children and teenagers of Zelenograd are engaged not only in institutions of additional education but also in schools and in pre-school educational institutions.
Supplementary education in schools is organized both in the form of individual circles, sections and clubs, and at the level of creative associations that form blocks of additional education based on a single educational program (gymnasium No. 1528, school No. 1353 and 1150, pro-gymnasium No. 1717 and 1667, school number 604, elementary school-kindergarten number 1810, etc.). Thus, the integration of basic and additional education takes place. Thus, the school number 1353 has been working for more than 15 years at the Istoki Polycultural Center, which is the district’s methodological platform for the spiritual and moral education of schoolchildren.
Since 2004, the District Center for Civil and Military-Patriotic Education has been successfully operating on the basis of School No. 1150. Many schools organize additional education on the basis of close interaction with one or several additional educational institutions. Additional education institutions pay special attention to working with adolescents and young people.
Since 2002, in the framework of additional education, systematic work has been conducted with intellectually gifted children. The main idea is the creation of an inter-school intellectually developing environment, including on the basis of children’s research activities; activization of design and research activities of children in institutions of general and additional education.
In the system of additional education for intellectually gifted and motivated school-age children, the School of Strong Thinking actively operates on the basis of TsSPMS (head Y. Belekhov), and the Svetoch intellectual games club operates on the basis of the Palace of Children’s and Youth Creativity. The district has developed a system of district events for gifted and motivated children (festivals LIGIM, Green Noise, etc.).
Constant attention is paid to the additional education of children with disabilities. Distant education is provided for disabled children studying at home for medical reasons. An important point in the system of distance learning is the realization of the child’s need for communication with peers and teachers, which is possible with the help of the Internet.
Additional education teachers of the Soyuz Children’s Training Center and Karavella, the Palace of Creativity of Children and Youth conduct various activities for children studying at home, developing their emotional sphere, cognitive activity, and fine motor skills.
Rational organization of free time for children and adolescents, their choice of various socially significant forms of creative communication contributes to self-determination and reduces the likelihood of asocial behavior. The practice has shown that in terms of organizing meaningful leisure, club forms of activity are the most attractive for teenagers. Such forms are common both in institutions of additional education and in schools.
Preparations for the celebration of the 65th anniversary of the Great Victory have greatly intensified the work of institutions of additional education in the military-patriotic direction. Thousands of schoolchildren took part in various events organized on an inter-agency basis.
The network of military-sports and military-historical clubs is expanding, and associations of historical reconstruction operate.